American multinational joins Sonangol and creates more than 200 jobs

Tidewater Marine, one of the largest international companies supporting offshore oil activities and cabotage, will go ahead with a partnership with the state concessionaire Sonangol and create more than 200 jobs in Angola, until 2019.

According to the investment project approved by the Government, published on the 6th of April, to which Lusa had access, it provides for the constitution of Sonatide Marine Angola, a limited company governed by Angolan law, whose activity consists of providing maritime services, including cabotage and ship management, supporting companies in the oil and gas industry with drilling, research and production operations in the country.

Represents an investment of over US$1.3 million in Luanda, with Tidewater Marine taking 49 percent of the share capital and Sonangol Holdings the remaining 51 percent.

“The external investor is one of the largest and most experienced service providers in the world in the area of ​​maritime support to the energy and oil industry operating offshore”, reads the authorization to the private investment contract, signed by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Petroleum, Diamantino Pedro Azevedo.

This contract provides for the completion of the investment within 240 days and the creation, in Sonatide's first year of operation, of 213 jobs, of which 40 are for foreign citizens.

Other News